Liberada a versão 13.1 do pacote de drivers Catalyst com suporte as placas de vídeo da AMD.
Abaixo detalhes do Catalyst 13.1, com destaque para o ganho de desempenho em uma série de games.
Performance Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10): Includes all of the performance improvements found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11
Performance gains seen on the entire AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series:
- Improves performance in Far Cry 3 (up to 25% with 8xMSAA, SSAO enabled @ 1600p, and up to 15% with 8xMSAA, HDAO enabled @1600p) (AMD Catalyst 12.11 CAP2 must also be installed)
- Improves CrossFire scaling performance in Call of Duty Black Ops 2
- 10%-15% more performance in Battlefield 3 in most cases
- More than 20% in certain missions and sequences (Comrades)
- Up to 7% more performance in Metro 2033
- Up to 10% more performance in DiRT Showdown
- Up to 8% more performance in Sleeping Dogs
- Up to 12% more performance in Civilization V
- Up to 10% more performance in StarCraft II
- Up to 8% more performance in Sniper Elite: V2
- Improves performance up to 5% in Max Payne 3
AMD Catalyst Mobility 7970M performance for AMD Enduro™ Technology supported platforms has been substantially improved for DirectX 9, DirectX 10 and DirectX 11 applications
- 3DMark 06 – Up to 6%
- 3DMark Vantage – Up to 15%
- 3DMark 11 – Up to 12%
- AvP – Up to 11%
- Battlefield 3 – Up to 25%
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Up to 13%
- Crysis 2: Up to 45%
- DiRT Showdown – Up to 62%
- ETQW – Up to 8%
- Hard Reset – Up to 8%
- Just Cause 2 – Up to 90%
- Mafia 2 – Up to 40%
- The Chronicles of Riddick – Up to 4%
- Shogun 2 – Up to 56%
- StarCraft 2 – Up to 25%
- Skyrim – Up to 45%
- Sniper Elite V2 – Up to 60%
- Tom Clancy’s HAWX – Up to 56%
- Unigine Heaven – Up to 33%
- Wolfenstein – Up to 9%
- Super Sample Anti-Aliasing has now been enabled in the AMD OpenGL driver
Resolved issue highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.1 (vs. AMD Catalyst 12.10) Includes all of the fixes found in AMD Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11
- Resolves a sporadic system hang encountered with a single AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPU seen on X58 and X79 chipsets.
- Resolves an intermittent hang encountered with AMD Radeon HD 7000 Series GPUs in a CrossFire Eyefinity setup.
- Resolve missing fonts issue in XBMC
- Resolves no video issue found in Media Player Classic Home Cinema when using full or half floating point processing
- Resolves the Skyrim lighting issue (missing a lighting pass) for the AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
- Resolves the hang encountered playing Dishonored on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
- Resolves the issue with engine and memory clocks running too high when the GPU is idle. Clocks will now run at the proper level when the GPU is idle.
- Resolves performance issues (where GPU activity runs at lower values than expected) seen on the AMD Radeon HD 7870.
- Resolves Corruption seen in Darkness 2 and Carrier Command when using CrossFire configurations
Feature Highlights of AMD Catalyst™ 13.1 Linux Driver: New OS Support
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems
- Ubuntu 12.10 production support
AMD Catalyst™ 13.1 – New standalone uninstallation utility
As part of the AMD Catalyst 13.1 release, we are also introducing a standalone uninstallation utility. This utility will clean your system of any existing AMD Catalyst™ drivers to prepare your PC for the clean installation of a new driver version.
The uninstallation utility can be found on AMD GAME: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx